Real Zaragoza are on the verge of signing Barcelona youngster Jonathan Dos Santos, according to AS.
The La Romareda outfit have reportedly agreed to pay €1 million for the 21-year-old, with the player set to sign a four-year deal.
However, there is a clause in his contract saying that Barcelona can buy him back for €2.5 million at any time during the first two years of his contract.
The Mexican’s contract at Camp Nou was due to expire in June 2012, which is the main reason why Barcelona decided to cash in on the youngster.
Should he manage to realize his undoubted potential at La Romareda, Barcelona will have the option to bring him back to Camp Nou for relatively low fee.
Despite being considered one of the hottest prospects in La Macia, t…
Moratti drops Forlan, Lavezzi hints
Inter president Massimo Moratti has hinted that the Neroazzurri will try to sign Diego Forlan and Ezequiel Lavezzi.
The Inter president has revealed that Samuel Eto’o is set to complete his move to Anzhi.
If and when he leaves then I will miss him a lot, as a player and a person,” Moratti told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
He is going because of the financial fair play rules and because when you get an offer like that it s hard to refuse it.
Moratti then ruled out moves for Carlos Tevez and Giuseppe Rossi.
Will Manchester City’s Tevez come in? I don t think we will get him.
Giuseppe Rossi of Villarreal? We never thought of him, we re looking for a player with different characteristics.
Queens Park Rangers F.C. manager Harry Redknapp has hinted he may make a second attempt to lure Jermain Defoe to Loftus Road during the January transfer window.
QPR appeared to be on the verge of completing a deal for the England international on deadline day in the summer, but nothing materialised.
Now then, according to reports, Defoe will put pen to paper on a three-year deal with QPR in January, but Redknapp has rubbished such speculation.
No, I don’t think anything is anywhere near being concluded with Jermain, Redknapp said.
We tried to get Jermain before the deadline, but I don’t think there is any movement on that one at the moment.
I am a fan of Jermain s, I have signed him enough times!
He is a goalscorer and…
Juventus and France superstar Paul Pogba hopes to eclipse the achievements of Pele and Diego Maradona during his career.
After being released by Manchester United in 2012, Pogba has become one of Europe s best midfielders while at Juve – leading to him being linked with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
The 23-year-old already has an impressive trophy haul with four Serie A titles and a Coppa Italia win, while he was part of Massimiliano Allegri s side who were beaten in the 2015 Champions League final by Barca.
But Pogba has his sights set even higher, the Frenchman hoping to go down as one of the best players to have played the sport.
I want to become a legend, like Pele or Maradona, he told La Repubblica.
Or more than them. I m no…
Stoke City are keen on signing Manchester City outcast Fabian Delph before Thursday’s transfer deadline, according to the Telegraph.
The Potters are willing to offer £12m for the England international, who is out of favour with the Citizens having not made a single appearance so far this season.
He also played just seven times in the league last season with five of those outings coming as a substitute.
In total he has featured forty times since signing from Aston Villa in the summer of 2015, scoring four goals while he was part of the squad that won the EFL Cup in 2016.
He has played nine times for his country though he hasn’t featured for them since playing in a 2-0 friendly defeat to Spain in November 2015.
Should a deal be finalised…
England and Tottenham star Harry Kane is using Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as motivation in his quest to become one of the best players in the world, according to Gareth Southgate.
Kane took his international tally to 10 goals since debuting in 2015 after scoring twice as England eventually eased past Malta 4-0 in World Cup qualifying on Friday.
The 24-year-old striker – on the cusp of a century of Premier League strikes – has scored 125 career goals for club and country, having won consecutive Golden Boot honours in England s top flight.
England manager Southgate said Kane is determined to match the feats of Real Madrid star Ronaldo and Barcelona s Messi, who share nine Ballon d Or awards between them.
I was having some interaction with [Spai…
Xavi intends to lean on advice from previous Barcelona coaching greats to help restore the club to its former glories, vowing: We are Barca, we have to win .
The 41-year-old was appointed as Ronald Koeman s successor on Saturday, returning to the club where he spent 17 seasons during his playing career.
Former Spain international Xavi has spent the past two and a half years in charge of Qatari club Al Sadd and is now tasked with transforming the fortunes of Barcelona.
The Catalan giants have won just six of their 16 matches in all competitions this season and are ninth in LaLiga, already 10 points adrift of bitter rivals Real Madrid.
Barca have won just one trophy, the Copa del Rey, in the past two seasons – a far cry from Xavi s time at the club when…
Prince Mohammed bin Salman s rumoured interest in buying Manchester United is false according to a denial issued by one of his ministers in Saudi Arabia.
A report by The Sun claimed Bin Salman was readying a £3.8billion takeover bid – a deal that would give the Glazer family a huge £2.2bn profit on the club they controversially acquired for £790million in 2005.
A tweet from Turki Al-Shabanah, the minister for Saudi media, claimed a meeting had taken place between United representatives and the Gulf state s royal investment fund, but only to discuss a potential sponsorship tie-up.
The news that Prince Mohammed bin Salman desires to acquire Manchester United is completely untrue news, Al-Shabanah s tweet read.
The fact of the matter is that the clu…
Pep Guardiola is unsure if Erling Haaland will feature against Chelsea, but midfielder Kalvin Phillips will be part of the squad for Wednesday s EFL Cup third-round tie.
Haaland returned from a two-game injury absence as a second-half substitute against Fulham at the weekend and scored a late penalty to snatch a 2-1 victory for his side.
However, the Norway international – who boasts 23 goals in 17 appearances for City – has still not fully recovered from the foot injury and may sit out the visit of Chelsea.
He is still not perfect, Guardiola said at Tuesday s pre-match press conference. We ll see tomorrow [Wednesday] and on Saturday [against Brentford]. He is getting better.
What s important is the bone isn t broken so there s no damage, just the …
Reece James has confirmed his hopes of competing for England at the World Cup are over.
The Chelsea defender suffered a knee injury in October and always looked unlikely to recover in time to make the cut for Qatar, with Gareth Southgate set to name his Three Lions squad on Thursday.
James refused to give up hope, insisting he would do everything in his power to feature, but on Wednesday the 22-year-old conceded he will not return to fitness in time.
Devastated, James posted on social media.
The minute I injured my knee, I knew the turnaround to make the World Cup would be tight, but I always felt it was possible.
I ve worked harder than I ever thought I could to give myself the best chance of going and truly believed I could help the team.